Bishop's Cleeve station opened on the 1st June 1906 and had basic passenger facilities, but better goods facilities than Gotherington. The fact that there was no footbridge provided is especially poignant in this case as two sisters were killed in August 1928 on the station's barrow crossing when they mistook an express train for their stopping train. Until Cheltenham Racecourse station was opened, Bishop's Cleeve saw a lot of racecourse-related activity, and continued to be the point where horses were loaded and unloaded until 1935.
Bishop's Cleeve fared better than its neighbour Gotherington; in fact, Gotherington was under Bishop's Cleeve's jurisdiction from 1923 to 1931. However, by the start of World War Two, the station's traffic was beginning a downward trend. The booking office was closed in September 1950, at which point the station came under Cheltenham's jurisdiction. The station closed on the 7th March 1960, although the goods yard remained open until the 1st July, 1963. The Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway is currently operating through Bishop's Cleeve, although there are no firm plans at present to re-open a station there.